Crédit Agricole S.A. and Village by CA launch the second “100% Compliance” competition for FinTech and RegTech start-ups
The “100% Compliance” start-up competition recognises innovative solutions that meet the bank’s compliance challenges.
Concrete and agile solutions to meet the bank’s compliance challenges
The fight against fraud, financial crime and market abuse, customer protection and client identification (KYC), sustainable finance, ethics, report management, employee training, etc.: Compliance is taking on an increasingly strategic role in banks.
The “100% Compliance” competition, launched by Crédit Agricole S.A. with the support of Village by CA Paris, helps identify start-ups that offer innovative, concrete and agile solutions to meet the compliance challenges of Crédit Agricole Group subsidiaries, whether for retail banking, investment banking or specialised banking players.
“Beyond the transformation of our project methods with experts from around the Crédit Agricole Group, the “100% Compliance” start-up competition is also a great opportunity to work in the distinct world of start-ups, which are one of the keys to the future of compliance. By offering new solutions, start-ups are helping to invent tomorrow’s compliance”. says Martine Boutinet, Crédit Agricole Group Head of Compliance.
“We are very pleased to launch this new edition of the “100% Compliance” competition with Crédit Agricole S.A. We are committed to helping start-ups develop their projects and putting them in touch with major groups. This competition is a real gateway to the Crédit Agricole Group and its subsidiaries”. adds Fabrice Marsella, CEO of Village by CA Paris.
Towards successful cooperation between a large group and start-ups
The call for entries is open from 20 September to 24 October 2021.
The selected start-ups will be supported by around one hundred bank employees - compliance, banking, legal and IT experts - with a common goal: to experiment with new solutions in a concrete and agile manner.
A prize of €7,000 will be awarded to each of the three start-up winners.
Crédit Agricole S.A. undertakes to conduct a pilot within the Group with at least one of the three winning solutions, which will be supported within the Compliance Valley innovation laboratory (*).
Review of the success of the competition’s first edition
In 2019, the “100% Compliance” competition led to numerous collaborations between Crédit Agricole S.A. and participating start-ups:
- Golem.ai, an AI solution for the protection of clients under MiFID 2, winner of this first edition, saw its solution successfully tested with several entities;
- Ubble, in its capacity as Remote Identity Verification Service Provider (RIVSP), conducted a pilot that led to its general adoption in consumer credit paths;
- AML Factory has been contacted several times by the Group in the capacity of auditor;
- Bleckwen, which is developing a scoring engine to avoid fraud on transfers, conducted a successful pilot with a subsidiary of Crédit Agricole S.A.
- 20 September to 24 October 2021: call for entries
- 25 October to 5 November 2021: pre-selection of the best start-ups
- From 8 November to 19 November 2021: analysis of submissions
- 19 November 2021: announcement of finalist start-ups
- From 22 November to 14 December 2021: support and exploration of instances of use and coaching pitch
- 15 December 2021: Pitch Party at Village by CA Paris and selection of the winning trio by senior management
Link to apply: https://www.compliancevalley.levillagebyca.com/
(*) Compliance Valley
Compliance Valley is the Innovation Laboratory dedicated to compliance at Crédit Agricole S.A., which aims to pool and create disruptive innovations, particularly with start-ups. This unprecedented system draws on a community of around one hundred employees across the Group (compliance, IT, legal, business, etc.) with a shared ambition: to meet our new compliance challenges for our internal and external clients.
Founded by Crédit Agricole in 2014, Village by CA is an innovation acceleration programme that draws on the group’s start-up ecosystem in order to support Crédit Agricole and mid-caps/large groups navigate the future of their industry. The first Village was created in Paris in 2014, and the network now numbers 40 Villages across France (Lille, Bordeaux, Orléans, Caen, St-Brieuc, Nantes, Paris, Lyon, Toulouse, etc.) and in Luxembourg and Italy. Village by CA has facilities in some of the world’s major cities (London, New York, Moscow, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, etc.) to foster start-ups’ international development. Located at the heart of the regions, the start-ups of each Village by CA develop in an innovation ecosystem with a multitude of private and public partners.